Welcome to the convention!
Welcome to the 78th Annual Convention and Trade Show of the Montana Water Well Drillers Association. We are glad to be back in Helena and look forward to seeing everyone again.
Please be sure to review all of the information contained in these and, when registering, check all of the appropriate boxes to note what you will be attending.
If you have any questions, please contact Executive Director Dave Schulenberg at 406-686-3168.
Thank you! — The MWWDA Convention Committee
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1
- 12:00-5:00 p.m. — Early registration
- 12:00-5:00 p.m. — Exhibitor setup
- 1:00-4:00 p.m. — CDL Supervisor Training for Drug and Alcohol Awareness*
- 7:00-11:00 p.m. — Reception
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2
- 6:30 a.m. — Registration opens
- 6:45 a.m. — Breakfast buffet
- 7:30 a.m. — Welcome remarks, silent auction opens
- 8:00 a.m. — Keynote
- 9:00 a.m. — McEllhiney Lecture (1 CE)
- 10:00 a.m. — Well (PVC Casing)
- 10:00 a.m. — Plumbing — Line Shaft Turbines
- 11:00 a.m. — Overhead Power Line Safety
- 11:00 a.m. — Montana Water Well Drillers License Exam Prep (2 hours)
- 12:00 p.m. — Lunch/Annual Meeting
- 1:00-5:30 p.m. — Trade Show
- 6:00 p.m. — Banquet, auction, awards, NGWA
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3
- 7:00 a.m. — Registration opens
- 7:00 a.m. — Exhibitor tear-down (vendors only on floor)
- 7:15-7:45 a.m. — Breakfast buffet
- 8:00 a.m. — Rule Book Review
- 9:00 a.m. — Past Presidents Meeting
- 10:00 a.m. — MWWDA Board of Directors Meeting
*Just added (as of 10-17-2022) — Reasonable Suspicion Drug and Alcohol Supervisor Training — provided by The Chemnet Consortium
This training event meets the DOT requirements for supervisors on drugs, alcohol, and reasonable suspicion. In this course you will learn what reasonable suspicion is and how to handle situations where you have reasonable cause to have an employee tested.
All of the below will be covered in the training and there will be a question-and-answer period to address specific situations.
- DOT-Prohibited Conduct and Rule Violations
- Signs, Symptoms, and Effects of Substance Abuse
- Physical, Performance, and Behavior Indicators
- How to Make a Reasonable Suspicion Determination
- How to Counter Employee Defense Strategies
About the instructor — Samantha Morris, along with her husband Stan Morris, is the new owner of The Chemnet Consortium, a full-service drug and alcohol testing facility that provides service for the State of Montana and the northwestern United States. Before purchasing Chemnet, Samantha managed a drug and alcohol program at the supervisor level for 18 years. She is a graduate from Rocky Mountain College with a B.S. in aeronautical science.
Please note that there is an additional $50 fee for this offering.
If you have any questions about this class, please email MMWDA Executive Director Dave Schulenberg at email@example.com.
RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM TODAY
2301 Colonial Drive
Helena, Montana 59101
MWWDA has secured a limited block of rooms on a first come, first served basis at the group rate of $129 per night single/double occupancy. The rates apply to the MWWDA room block and are valid until the January 6, 2023 cutoff date, unless our block has been filled before that date. When making your reservations, be sure you mention that you are attending the MWWDA convention to receive this group rate. Remember, you are responsible for securing your own reservations. For guest check-in and checkout times, please contact the hotel directly.